Indian Esports community saw the recent conclusion of the first week of the Tier 1 BGMI tournament, War Of Glory. Orangutan emerged as the Week 1 champions, leading the leaderboards with 210 points and 103 finishes after 27 matches of heated combat amongst best Tier-1 invited Indian teams. The team remained solid throughout the week, never falling below a daily average of 30 points. They won the top reward of INR 2,50,000 in Week 1.
Overall Standings for Week 1 of War of Glory
- 7Sea Esports popped off on the final day of the first week of War of Glory, scoring 80 points to finish second with 203 points and 114 finishes in their maiden week. A second-place prize of INR 1,000,000 was awarded to the team.
- Team XO maintained their strong performance throughout the week, finishing third with 191 points and 95 eliminations, earning them a cash award of INR 50,000.
- Orangutan’s AKop dominated the week, eliminating vital players for his squad. He was named MVP for the first week and received INR 40,000 in prize money. He has a total of 41 eliminations in 18 matches, with an F/D ratio of 2.30.
- Revenant Esports, another newcomer to the BGMI scene, showed their value in the first week, finishing fourth. Enigma Gaming, who recently acquired Team Celsius’s underdog roster, finished fifth with 167 points. From the first week’s prize pool, both of these teams received INR 30,000 each.
- GodLike Esports and TSM showcased decent performances in the first week, finishing seventh and eighth, respectively. In the remaining two weeks that the tournament lasts, fans can expect these teams to improve their performances and provide us with a treat in the form of exemplary gameplay as is expected from them.
- In the first week, Team SouL had a poor run, finishing second-last, among the total number of teams participating. Team SouL’s poor form persisted, as they were unable to gain any traction, losing important bouts and being eliminated early in many matchups.
- Similarly, Team Tamilas finished last and struggled to find their footing and get their campaign off the ground. It remains to be seen whether these two teams can turn their fortunes and rise up in ranks through the leaderboards to have a dominating presence in the battlefields, in this War of Glory.