Sony has announced that its next-generation VR system, the PS VR2, will launch on February 22, 2023. The Sense Controller and charging station will also launch on the same date.
The PS VR2 is available in 2 variants-
- The Standard version which includes the headset, controllers, and stereo headphones is priced at $549.99.
- PS VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle which includes the headset, controllers, stereo headphones, and a PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain.
PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) November 2, 2022
There’s a Sense Controller charging station available for $49.99 as well.
PS VR2 specifications
- Display Method: OLED
- Refresh Rate: 90 Hz, 120 Hz
- Resolution: 2000×2040 per eye
- FoV: ~110-degree
- Sensors: Motion Sensor- Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Attachment Sensor- IR Proximity sensor
- Cameras: 4 cameras for headset and controller trackingIR camera for eye tracking per eye
- Feedback: Headset Vibration
- Interfacing with the PS5: USB Type-C
- Audio: Built-in microphone for input, stereo headphone jack for output
PS VR2 Controller Specifications
- Buttons: On the Right- PS button, Options button, Action buttons (Circle / Cross), R1 button, R2 button, Right stick / R3 button. On the Left- S button, Create button, Action buttons (Triangle / Square), L1 button, L2 button, Left stick / L3 button.
- Sensing/ Tracking: Motion Sensor- Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope + three-axis accelerometer), Capacitive Sensor- Finger Touch DetectionIR LED- Position Tracking
- Feedback: Trigger Effect (on R2/L2 button), Haptic Feedback (through an actuator that will be included in each unit)
- Port: USB Type-C
- Communication: Bluetooth Ver5.1
- Battery: Built-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery