Watch Dogs: Legion’s online mode, which seemed to be shelved owing to a bug in the game, is now back on track. The game’s online co-op mode has just gone live for players on PC. The new mode was added in title update 3.22, which weighs 14.4GB and also makes a number of global and PC-specific bug fixes.
Online mode in Watch Dogs: Legion was initially expected to hit all players’ systems in 2020, but it was pushed back to early 2021. In that light, the console online version of the game was launched on March 09, but the PC version online mode launch was held off. Update 3.22 of the PC version of the game enables online co-op modes in Watch Dogs Legion. Prior to launch, and after that too, the online component was expected to be a major part of the game, and how some of the game mechanics work.
Tactical Op online co-op mode coming to Watch Dogs: Legion on March 23 for all platforms
Tactical Op mode will arrive on the Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Google Stadia, on March 23. Ubisoft said the game mode will roll out on PC on the same date. They also added that they would continue to work on the online component to get players a better experience.
“We are continuing our work to improve your Online Mode experience on all platforms, and you can expect more updates coming to you soon,” Ubisoft said in their forum regarding the patch notes for the game mode and online PC co-op component.
Tactical Op co-op mode requires 4 players to play together and split up in teams of 2. After that, two sets of players will move to points across the map and hack servers. Incidentally, players would also hold off the reinforcement swarms. If one pair failed, the entire mission failed.
Watch Dogs: Legion Update 3.22 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen after initiating the in-game benchmark.
- Fixed an issue that would cause certain objects to not reflect properly while ray tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a black screen and invisible UI elements when loading up the game for the first time while using DX12.
- Fixed an issue that could cause game performance to be drastically reduced after several hours of gameplay when using an AMD graphics card and have ray tracing enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quickly switching between app categories in the data app.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while free-roaming the Open World.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the hologram during the More Human Than Human mission to not be smooth when using High, Very High or Ultra presets with DX12 enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Buy Upgrade button in the Tech tab to not be highlighted when hovering over it with the mouse pointer.
Global (these fixes were applied with TU3.2 on consoles and Stadia):
- Fixed an issue that caused several masks to go missing from players’ wardrobes after TU3.0.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when performing an operative swap in specific areas of the open world.
- Fixed an issue that would cause placeholder text to be displayed for inactive operatives when inspecting them while in a restricted area.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when ray tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze when selecting a tab in the in-game store.