Nier: Automata on Steam
Action-adventure game Nier: Automata may have sold millions of copies but the PC version of the game is broken, to say the least. Nier: Automata on Steam has several technical as well as visual issues that are unaddressed and that have irked fans.
Nier: Automata is finally getting a Steam patch
There is a mod for Nier: Automata that fixes some of these issues but it’s high time Square Enix took matters into their own hands. Now, 4 years after Nier: Automata’s launch, the publisher is releasing a Steam patch on July 15 to fix these issues.
The #NieR:Automata Steam patch is coming July 15th at 9am PDT / 6pm CEST, implementing the below changes:
Bit rate improvements
UI texture upgrade
Frame rate adjustments
Other minor fixes
— NieR Series (@NieRGame) July 13, 2021
Fixes for Nier Automata on Steam
Square Enix has highlighted the fixes that will be implemented in the game with the patch.
- Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality.
- Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops, and UI elements, etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium, or Low.
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
Moreover, the frame rate under default settings has been stabilized to 60 FPS and the mouse cursor will no longer pop up while using a controller. You can read the entire patch notes here.