The Chinese internet technological company, NetEase recently released The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War, making the it the latest in a slew of games that have been inspired by the Lord of Rings trilogy. The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War is an officially licensed strategy game set in an accurate reconstruction of Arda as it existed during the Third Age. The game is available on Android and iOS.
The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War
The One Ring has emerged in Dol Guldur‘s abandoned castle, attracting the interest of both good and evil forces. The responsibility in The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War falls on you, as the leader, to lead whichever faction you choose to victory.
How to proceed with the story of Lord of the Rings: Rise to War
- First and foremost, one needs to choose a faction while creating an account. Not only will this define your starting kingdom, but it will also determine the hero forces available to you at the start of the game. You can choose from six distinct kingdoms, each with its own set of bonuses.
- Next, you shall be taken to the kingdom management page once you’ve picked which banner to march under. This is where the majority of the game takes place. You’ll fortify your fortress and gather your warriors here.
- Real-time tile-based mobility is used in the game. Conquering the tiles surrounding your stronghold will provide you with more resources and raise your reputation. Additionally, if you conquer one of Arda’s numerous wonders, you may be rewarded with additional benefits or equipment. Meanwhile, building and upgrading structures within the stronghold unlocks fresh units, resources, improved defences, and more.
- As you proceed, you will attune yourself to your own Ring of Power as you win battles and expand your influence, increasing both your forces and your kingdom.
- In order to increase forces and expand your kingdom, you shall need an army to help in your conquest. Soldiers can be acquired through the Barracks in your stronghold, depending on the structures you’ve built over time. Additional units that are not a part of your immediate faction forces can also be hired for extra resource cost.
- In order for to lead and orchestrate the working of your armed forces successfully, recruitment of a commander is necessary. Each commander, based on well-known personalities from the Third Age, gives unique bonuses and has their own individual skill tree. Weapons, armour, and artefacts can all be equipped to aid them further dominate the fight. You start with just one Commander and must recruit additional through the Tavern.
Additional gameplay features
In the Kingdom Management section, you’ll find the game’s single-player story as well as quests that reward you with resources and gear. This campaign serves as a mini-version of The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War‘s main gameplay cycle. You’ll fight in battles from Tolkien’s history, including the War of the Last Alliance, the Fall of Isengard, and the Siege of Minas Tirith, through a series of missions.
The game’s major lure lies in Rise to War’s multiplayer section. Players can join either a Fellowship or a Warband, depending on the faction they have choose at the start of the game. These guilds allow players to rely on one another for help in both battle and kingdom-building, provide special bonuses, and even run their own marketplace at higher levels. Each Fellowship/Warband is also linked to a certain faction, allowing that faction’s power and influence to grow over the course of a Season.
One of Rise to War’s most interesting features is the seasons in the gameplay cycle. Each Season lasts a few months and pits groups against one another to see who is truly worthy of possessing The One Ring. The game’s progress is reset once each season’s rewards are distributed. Players keep their Commanders, equipment, and influence and Season begins anew.
We all know how The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring ended in the literature. What may have happened is the subject of The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War. It allows you to write your own story and create your own legend alongside your fellow commanders.