343 Industries is bringing new accessibility and customization features to Halo Infinite. As announced at the recent Xbox Accessibility Showcase, these features are aimed at making the “journey into the Halo universe more accessible to as many gamers as possible.”
Inclusivity is core to the Halo experience. To make #HaloInfinite as welcoming as possible, it comes with new accessible and customizable features designed to empower all our players.
— Halo (@Halo) October 1, 2021
Halo Infinite accessibility and customization features
Here’s a list of features coming to Halo Infinite-
- Subtitles: Adjust the font size and background opacity, enable color coding of dialogue per speaker, choose whether you’d like subtitles for all dialogue or just dialogue related to the narrative in Campaign.
- Customize menu and gameplay font size.
- Menu narration with adjustable narration speed for those who commonly utilize screen readers.
- The new “Linear Navigation” mode will allow users to navigate through the UI without the need to visually see how controls are positioned on-screen to access them.
- More color choices to show enemy and friendly units.
- More UI settings.
- Inclusion of text-to-speech and speech-to-text options.
- Different volume customization options as well as, customization options for mouse and keyboard.
- A new Movement Assisted Steering feature that brings more controls for better steering of wheeled vehicles.
These features will be available in Halo Infinite at launch on December 8.
Halo Infinite game modes