Action RPG Hades has grabbed another Game of the Year award, this time at Game Developers Choice. The GDC and IGF Awards winners were announced a few days back and Hades bagged the Best Audio, Best Design, and of course, Game of the Year awards.
Hades just earned Game of the Year in the Game Developers Choice!!! We’re beyond grateful, and deeply honored to have been in consideration at all alongside such inspiring games. From all of us, thank you!!
— Supergiant Games (@SupergiantGames) July 22, 2021
Not the first Game of the Year for Hades
Hades is developed by Supergiant Games and the game is wildly popular. The game was applauded for its artwork, character design, gameplay, audio, narrative, and audio.
Complete list of GDC Awards 2021 winners
- Best Audio: Hades (Supergiant Games)
- Best Debut: Phasmophobia (Kinetic Games)
- Best Design: Hades (Supergiant Games)
- Best Mobile Game: Genshin Impact (miHoYo)
- Innovation Award: Dreams (Media Molecule/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Narrative: The Last of Us Part 2 (Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Technology: Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio/Xbox Game Studios)
- Best Visual Art: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Production /Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best VR/AR Game: Half-Life: Alyx (Valve)
- Audience Award: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Game of the Year: Hades (Supergiant Games)
- Pioneer Award: Tom Fulp
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Laralyn McWilliams
Complete list of IGF Awards 2021 winners
- Audience Award: Arrog (Hermanos Magia and Leap Game Studios)
- Excellence in Audio: Genesis Noir (Feral Cat Den)
- Best Student Game: Vessels (Local Space Survey Corps, LLC)
- Excellence in Design: Teardown (Tuxedo Labs)
- Excellence in Narrative: Umurangi Generation (Origame Digital/Playism)
- Excellence in Visual Art: Genesis Noir (Feral Cat Den)
- Nuovo Award: Blaseball (The Game Band)
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize: Umurangi Generation (Origame Digital/Playism)
The popular roguelike is available to play on Windows (Steam), Switch, and macOS. The game is scheduled to launch on next-gen consoles on August 13, 2021. The game will be available on Xbox Game Pass during launch.