No Man's Sky community is excited as the second expedition starts off today. The shared XP system was first started with their launch in April, and today we see the start of the Beachhead Expedition which is said to be “a journey with a very different pace and structure” according to the developers Hello Games
“We are very excited to explore the gameplay and stories that this new mode gives us the chance to create,” the developers wrote on their update blog. “Once again, players will start from a new save and all on the same planet.”
“Alongside the new Expedition, Nada and Polo’s regular research effort aboard the Space Anomaly has shifted into a new gear,” Hello Games hints mysteriously. “Priest Entity Nada has detected something thought impossible: a fluctuation in history already written. A new pattern is emerging in the stories of the ancient Gek, Korvax, and Vy’keen.”
Along with the Beachhead Expedition the Patch 3.40 brings some hotfixes, here's the change log for such:
- The second Expedition, Beachhead, begins today. We hope you enjoy the surprises it has in store.
- Added a new class of procedural upgrade module for the starship Launch Thrusters.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect text labels on Communications Stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Exosuit boot sequence from playing correctly in Expeditions mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause asteroids to intersect with player fleets.
- Fixed an issue that allowed secondary ships to be summoned when they were out of fuel.
- Fixed an issue that caused some UI screens to be positioned incorrectly when using an ultrawide monitor.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect camera positioning while interacting with a number of objects.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a number of Quicksilver titles from unlocking in Creative Mode.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow players to bypass protections against building in other player’s bases.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain tesselation.
- Fixed a crash related to saving base data.
- Fixed an Xbox-specific crash related to memory management.
Are you a gamer? Then this is just for you!
We're building an exciting new offering in the gaming and esports space and need your valued insights for its creation. Help us with this quick survey, it will only take 2 minutes and then you can get back to your gaming devices! GG!