While Hades scored the max wins on the other side, Sony's PlayStation exclusives swept nine awards in total across five of their games. Ghost of Tsushima bagged four awards major one of them being "Adventure Game of the Year." The Last of Us Part 2 grabbed two awards and Spirder-Man: Mile Morales, Dreams and Final Fantasy VII Remake each of them managed to grab a single award.
Also, Valve's Half-Life:Alyx the 2020 VR Game managed to score two awards and Animal Crossing: New Horizons grabbed the "Family Game of the Year"
Hades continue their winning streak followed by their previous wins being the "Best Game" award at the 2021 BAFTA Game Awards, grabbed the "Best Indie Game" award at the 2020 Game Awards and also picked up the "Game of the Year" at the SXSW 2021 Gaming Awards. Looking at their history it can even be possible that they manage to grab a couple more by the end of this year.
Hades is an action role-play indie game developed and published by Supergiant Games which was initially out in December 2018 as an early access release followed by an official release on 17th September 2020 for various platforms being Microsoft Windows, macOS and Nintendo Switch.
Here's the list of all the winner for the 2021 DICE Awards
- Game of the Year: Hades
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Hades
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: Hades
- Action Game of the Year: Hades
- Adventure Game of the Year: Ghost of Tsushima
- Family Game of the Year: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Fighting Game of the Year: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
- Racing Game of the Year: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
- Role-Playing Game of the Year: Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Sports Game of the Year: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Immersive Reality Game of the Year: Half-Life: Alyx
- Mobile Game of the Year: Legends of Runeterra
- Online Game of the Year: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: The Last of Us Part II
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Character: Miles, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design: Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: The Last of Us Part II
- Outstanding Technical Achievement: Dreams
- Immersive Reality Technical Achievement: Half-Life: Alyx
- Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game: Hades