Just when the hype train about Battlegrounds Mobile India was raging, there's now a call to get the game banned. Battlegrounds Mobile India hasn't even launched yet and Arunachal Pradesh MLA Ninong Ering has requested Prime Minister Modi to ban the game.
In the letter, Erring says that the launch of Battlegrounds Mobile India is a "mere illusion and a trick to relaunch the same game with minor modifications and collect user data of millions of our citizens, including our children and transfer it to foreign companies and the Chinese government."
Requested @PMOIndia @narendramodi ji to not allow Chinese deception #BattlegroundsMobileIndia. It is a big threat to security of India & privacy of our citizens and a way to circumvent & disregard our laws.@AmitShah #IndiaBanBattlegrounds #NationFirst #AatmaNirbharBharat @ANI pic.twitter.com/H8nzUJ4aRk— Ninong Ering (@ninong_erring) May 22, 2021
PUBG Mobile was banned last year because it posed a threat to national security and apparently, Erring believes the launch of Battlegrounds Mobile India will bring back the same threat. Erring says in his letter that if the game is allowed to relaunch "there is a high potential of a breach of privacy and cybersecurity of our citizens" and it will bring back other negative aspects like "addictions, harm, and deaths that were seen with PUBG before."
It is unlikely that Battlegrounds Mobile India will be banned but only time will tell how this scenario unfolds.
Battlegrounds Mobile India is currently live for pre-registration on the Google Play Store. The exact release hasn't been confirmed but according to reports, Battlegrounds Mobile India will release on June 18.
Are you a gamer? Then this is just for you!
We're building an exciting new offering in the gaming and esports space and need your valued insights for its creation. Help us with this quick survey, it will only take 2 minutes and then you can get back to your gaming devices! GG!