Publisher EA has revealed a bunch of features for FIFA 22 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Stadia. In the latest pitch notes, EA fully revealed the game’s career mode and also listed down features that will be available exclusively on next-generation consoles.
FIFA 22 next-gen features
- Along with showing accomplishments in news items, FIFA 22 on Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and Stadia will have pre-match intro sequences where the commentator will pick up on what players have achieved.
- There are new cinematics that shows team warm-up sequences, dressing room “moments”, teams inspecting the pitch, and the groundskeeper making last-minute preparations. There’s also a new reveal cinematic that will be triggered when you get a new managerial job.
- Transfer announcement news will take place not only in the press room but also at Stadiums.
- Crowds will start leaving if your team is underperforming.
- Commentators will also pick up on your career journey talking about loan moves, your debut, or when you’re solidifying your place in the starting XI.
- Improved quality of screenshots from the match that you receive when you return to the hub.
- They have also refreshed Goal News from Elsewhere commentary in English. Alex Scott will give minute-by-minute updates on matches that are being played simultaneously. “We’re using the latest technology to make sure that the transitions between the commentary team and Alex Scott sound as natural as possible,” EA said.
FIFA 22 release date
FIFA 22 was announced last month and is scheduled to release on October 1, 2021, and is already available for pre-order. The game features enhanced gameplay thanks to AI and machine-learning-driven technology.