At their EA Play Live 2021 gaming showcase today, Electronic Arts revealed Battlefield Portal, the third game mode for their upcoming shooter Battlefield 2042. It is a sandbox mode that gives players the freedom to create their own battlefield.
Battlefield Portal includes elements like maps, vehicles, and weapons not only from Battlefield 2042 but also Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3.
— Battlefield (@Battlefield) July 22, 2021
Maps in Battlefield Portal
Battlefield Portal will include a variety of maps, all supporting 128-players. These maps from the previous Battlefield games have been reimagined to meet the visual standards of Battlefield 2042.
At launch, Battlefield 2042 will include the following maps-
- Battle Of The Bulge (Battlefield 1942)
- El Alamein (Battlefield 1942)
- Arica Harbor (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
- Valparaiso (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
- Caspian Border (Battlefield 3)
- Noshahr Canals (Battlefield 3)
- All 7 maps from Battlefield 2042
What does the arsenal look like?
Apart from the advanced weaponry of Battlefield 2042, the new game mode features some classics-
- From Battlefield 1942: M1 Garand, K98 and K98 Sniper, Panzerschreck, The M1911, and more.
- From Bad Company 2: The M93R, G3, AKS-74U, M416, M60, Type 88, XM8, and more.
- From Battlefield 3: The P90, AN094, M16A3, ACW-R, and more.
Moreover, players will find over 30 gadgets like the Radio Beacon, MAV, Defibrillators, EOD Bots, Mortar Strikes, and more.
Apaches, Tanks, and Bombers
Players can add various vehicles and machines of destruction to their custom-made battlefield. The new game mode will include vehicles like-
- From Battlefield 1942: Sherman, Panzer, and Tiger tanks, Spitfires, B-17 Bomber, and more.
- From Bad Company 2: M3A3 Bradley and M1 Abrams tanks, Humvees, and more.
- From Battlefield 3: AH-64 Apaches, a couple of tanks, light vehicles, and more.
With so many choices, players can mix and match to create their own battlefield. EA says “Battlefield Portal will allow you to mix eras against one another, letting you create new and wild Battlefield experiences. Ever wanted to see a dogfight between some Spitfires and a helicopter? Making it happen is as easy as tweaking some options in Battlefield Portal’s Settings. It’s your playground: Go wild.”
EA has also introduced a Logic Editor to give more customization options that will allow players to define victory parameters, rules, and more. It’s ideal for those with the knowledge of visual scripting logic.
If you don’t feel like creating your battlefield, EA has its own servers where you can start your preferred game mode like Conquest, TDM, Rush, and more.
Battlefield 2042 pre-order and release date
The game is available for pre-order and is scheduled to release on October 22 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5, and PC through Steam, Origin, and the Epic Games store.