Bethesda recently released update 6.66 for Doom Eternal and it was a massive update in terms of content as players were introduced to the Horde Mode, two new Master Levels, a bunch of bug fixes, and more.
Those who are fans of the Doom Eternal’s multiplayer also had their reasons to rejoice. This update brought Battlemode 2.0 with a new Streak Tracker, Hot Streak card for those who win 4 matches before losing 2, and more. The devs also added a new playable demon in the game called Dread Knight and they describe it as “well-suited for Demon players who have an all-or-nothing play style.”
Doom Eternal’s new playable demon
In the patch notes, it is stated that “Dread Knight is a nimble demon with and potent offensive capabilities, but the attacks require cooldowns.” Players use this demon to make quick offensive plays and deal heavy damage to the opponents.
Dread Knight abilities
This primary attack sends out energy projectile to deal moderate damage.
- Activating Berserk will replace Energy Wave with a high-damage melee attack with heavy lurch.
- Increases movement speed and reduces damage taken by up to 60%.
- Every use of Berserk requires a long cool-down period.
- Dread Knight leaps to a selected location within the permitted range to deal AOE damage.
- Ground Slam requires a cool-down period
- Quantum Orb is a projectile attack dealing moderate damage which the Dread Knight can redirect in flight by activating its teleport ability
- Every use of the Quantum Orb requires a cooldown period, which is shorter if the teleport ability is not activated
Doom Eternal’s multiplayer has also received a new Stronghold map. Talking about Stronghold, the devs say “Acting as both a defensive position and a processing facility that helps fuel the Dark Lord’s warmachine, the environment lends itself to players who can keep moving between the different layers arena.”