Now that the public test server build for Call of Duty Mobile Season 8 is live, we have a lot of inputs regarding all of the major changes for CODM’s battle royale, coming into the gaming title the next season. From a variety of new mods to a whole lot of gameplay changes, we shall discuss all of the modifications being made to battle royale, being dropped into the game the next season.
New Battle Royale Map in CODM Season 8
The biggest and the most hyped about announcement made by Activision developers for Call of Duty Mobile is the release of a brand new map. From all of the leaks we have taken note of, the new Battle Royale map that shall be possibly released into the game will be the Blackout map from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
The gameplay in this map shall be very different than the one players are used to while playing the current map available in Battle Royale, called the Isolated. The main reason behind this change shall be this that Isolated as a map is a much smaller map in its dimensions compared to that of Blackout, which has a dimension of 4 x 4 ( 16 square kilometres).
Previous Map changes in CODM Battle Royale
This shall be the second time ever in Call of Duty Mobile‘s two-year history that Call of Duty Mobile players shall receive a major upheaval in the battle royale section of things. Last year, in the update for Season 7 – Radioactive Agent, we received the addition of a number of regions in Isolated, primary among which included Dormitory, Frigid Wetland and Sanitarium.
Following this, we later received the widely popular map of Alcatraz. Alcatraz as a playable map was a runaway hit with the players because of its fast-paced nonstop action and very different a gameplay style when compared to that of Isolated.
One particular thing that remains to be seen is whether with the release of the new Blackout map, the OG map of Isolated shall be unplayable for the time being that Blackout map will be released. If one remembers during the time when Alcatraz was first released in the gaming title of Call of Duty Mobile, according to the story line set up for Alcatraz’s release in the game, Isolated was taken off & notified as unplayable.
Other changes to be introduced in Battle Royale of CODM Season 8
1. The first change that shall be introduced in battle royale is the health system of your operator. Currently, the health system that exists in the game is directly dependent on adrenaline shots and health kits. But going forward, the new health system that is to be implemented is the health system of Warzone.
Warzone follows a health system where upon using healing items like first-aids and adrenaline boosters, the durability of your armour shall increase. Total durability of the armour can be extended to 300 HP, which coupled with the base health of a character gives a total health of 400 HP. There shall be no availability of armor plates with the coming update.
But the modification of the health system just doesn’t end there, for upon taking damage to the base health, now there shall be automatic regeneration of health upto the first 100 HP. This shall be a very significant change coming into the battle royale, since this shall bring about a lot of change in the gameplay mechanics, play style and tactics of players.
2. The next notifiable change that has been observed is the change in the airdrops that are to be available in the game. Unlike the current system that’s prevalent now, in the upcoming season update for Season 8, there shall be two different kinds of airdrops that shall be available in the match.
The first one to drop shall be the common airdrop box that is the current kind, to be available in all matches. Shown as green on the map, you can avail yourself to certain legendary-grade weapons, special weapons and healing items such as your adrenaline, along with a level 3 vest and a level 3 backpack. Unlike the system that is currently prevalent in the game, you shall not be able to acquire your customised gunsmith weapons from the normal airdrop.
3. A special airdrop shall now be made available from the next season in every match, from which you can access your customised gunsmith weapons. This special airdrop shall be marked blue on the map. Another change that will be made to the gunsmith airdrop is that instead of the current four slots of weapons, there shall be eight slots from which to acquire weapons.
Possibly, as has been noticed in the public test build for Season 8, only one gunsmith airdrop shall be available all throughout the match. So, in order to get hands on your customised weapon, make sure to be the first one to rush the airdrops the moment they are dropped into the match.
4. The vehicle vending machines at Black Market, for both of the helicopter and the other vehicles available in battle royale have been taken off. Currently, this is not confirmed, but if this feature makes it onto the official game update upon release of Season 8, a lot of fans who prefer Black Market as their drop location shall be disappointed.
5. The moment the map becomes visible from the plane path, helicopter spawns for that particular lobby shall be shown. This one particular change in battle royale shall bring about a massive change in drop locations and drop clashes shall be more frequent due to this particular change, as a lot of squads shall now the fighting to grab hold of the helicopter(s) available at that particular drop locations. One major change that has been noted is this that helicopter spawns shall keep changing with each lobby, and there won’t be any current fixed locations where the helicopters shall be available, as the current system is.
6. A lot of new mods with very unique functions shall be released into battle royale. Due to this particular change, the functionality of a weapon, and combat mechanics shall be undergoing a massive change. With the upcoming update of Season 8, a player can now attach a maximum of three different, unique weapon mods, giving the weapon mechanics a major change up.
7. As for the ground loot that shall be available in battle royale, the arsenal has been massively increased. The availability of weapons won’t be as scarce as before, for almost every weapon available in the game shall be available as ground loot, albeit in a low-tier variant of the weapon.
Among others, the two weapons of S36 and Type 25 will be made available in base level variants. In the upcoming season of Season 8, three different levels of backpacks shall be made available instead of the current availability of one single backpack for every player.
The backpacks shall vary in their levels, and shall be available in the range from level 1 to level 3. The space available in each backpack shall increase as the level goes up.