Respawn Entertainment is rolling out the next-generation update for Apex Legends today, March 29, 2022. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S users can enjoy battle-royale action in enhanced graphics, full 60 Hz gameplay, HDR, and more. “You will be able to play your favorite game in native 4K (PS5 & Xbox Series X) along with the game being outputted in glorious HDR,” the company said.
The Warriors Collection Event will bring next-gen versions of Apex Legends to PS5 and XSX!
PlayStation players: check out the info below to learn how to update your game 👇
Xbox players: no action is needed. Apex will update via Smart Delivery.
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) March 29, 2022
How to install the next-gen version of Apex Legends
PS5 owners who have already installed the game:
- Go to the Game Hub for Apex Legends
- Press the “Options” button (represented by ‘…’) next to “Play Game”
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, delete the PS4 version from the game library.
PS5 owners who don’t have the game installed:
- Go to “Your Collection” in the Game Library.
- Find Apex Legends.
- Choose the PS5 version and download it.
For Xbox Series X/S owners:
The game uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles so the best version of the game is automatically installed on your device.
In the future, the devs plan on rolling out the adaptive trigger and haptic feedback feature for PS5 users for immersive gameplay. Moreover, they’ll release 120 Hz gameplay, visual improvements, and audio improvements on both next-gen consoles.