Apex Legends’ Season 13 launched on May 10, and with it, we received a bountiful harvest of changes. This includes few major weapon changes and tweaked Legends. The latest update might turn out to be the most interesting update Apex has had so far.
What to Expect From Apex Legends Season 13?
This season the map rotations will be Olympus, World’s Edge and Storm Point. The focus will be on Storm Point as it has some changes. The most notable being a new POI called Downed Beast. The Downed Beast is a high tier loot location that connects three other POIs: Northpad, Checkpoint and The Mill.
There are also IMC armories that have been activated and raised above water where players get to activate challenges. If you activate the armory, it will drop Spectres for you to fight.
If you rotate and land out of bounds you won’t be able to use your Legend Abilities along with weapons, throwables, heals, mobile respawn and Legend Passives.
Apex Legends recently dropped a trailer
revealing the backstory
for Newcastle. Now we finally get to see him in action in the Apex games. Looking at his kit it seems like he is a Defensive Support Legend.
Passive – Retrieve The Wounded: Drags teammates with his Revive Shield deployed as he revives them. The Revive Shield is powered by half the level of Knockdown Shield Newcastle has in his inventory.
Tactical – Mobile Shield: Throws a controllable drone that generates a moving energy shield. This shield can be destroyed but has an upper half and lower half that have to be destroyed separately.
Ultimate – Castle Wall: Leaps to an ally or targeted area and slams down a deployable shield wall. There is no damage on the ultimate being dropped, but this wall is electrified and will stun and slow enemies who push into it directly.
There are some massive changes in regards to weapons.
- Flatline and Longbow are now floor loot and Rampage and R301 are Crafted weapons only.
- Spitfire is on ground loot with decreased damage of 18 and gold and purple mag capacity dropped from 55 to 50.
- Mastiff is back in care package rotation with a slight buff in damage.
- The Kraber’s headshot range and damage has been reduced form 3 to 2 and from 145 to 140 respectively
- The blue helmet headshot damage reduction has been increased from 40 to 50 and same for the purple with an increase of 60 from 50
- Rampart’s Amped Cover deploy time is faster.
Apex Legends Savior
has brought a plethora of changes to the game. The Ranked System has been reworked as well. Apex Legends Season 13 has done some massive rework of the game, which might be an attempt to keep players from being burnt out.